Assembly and instructions
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR WINDOWS AND BALCONY DOORS
Work should begin with cleaning the opening where the window will be installed. Any losses should be filled and clean, even and dry. The strength of the walls surrounding the windows should also be checked so that the window fixing materials have a sufficiently strong connection with the wall. The size of the window should be such that it allows us to freely level it. A clearance (10-20 mm) between the frame and the wall is recommended. Before starting the installation, remove the sashes from the frame, which will be installed after the frame assembly is completed. The windows are installed with anchors or dowels.
The arrangement of the anchors is shown in Fig.
After installing the anchors, the frame is placed in the wall on the blocks. Set the frame vertically and horizontally so that there are even gaps between the window frame and the wall on each side of the frame. Also check the diagonal of the frame. The diagonal must not exceed 2mm over a length of 1m and 3mm over a length of more than 1m. Settings are made using a spirit level and a tape measure. The set door frame is immobilized with wedges. After the frame is correctly positioned, it is fixed to the wall with anchors or dowels.
Then, mount the wings and adjust them if necessary.
The space between the window frame and the wall can be filled with mineral wool, glass wool, expanding tape or polyurethane foam. The window should be secured with a non-adhesive tape to avoid staining the window (e.g. with polyurethane foam). For windows with larger dimensions, struts should be used.
After complete solidification of the supplementary materials, remove the wedges and fill in the gaps.
INSTALLATION NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS WILL VOID THE WARRANTY RIGHTS.
OPERATION AND SAFETY OF THE WINDOW
Additionally, during use it is forbidden to:
- Loading the hinges by opening the sash too quickly, which may result in breaking the hinges and damaging the sash and the frame.
- Protection against closing by wedging with a hard object
- Mounting on the frame of external roller shutters
CARE AND MAINTENANCE OF WOODEN SURFACES
- Windows and balcony doors should be cleaned and maintained twice a year, i.e. in spring and autumn, under favorable weather conditions, with wood milk. By using them regularly, you extend the durability of the windows, and also give the windows a new glow and additionally protect them against the harmful effects of the weather.
- Windows should be painted as needed with a topcoat for wood. In case of damage to the coating, the damaged place should be immediately protected by filling in the gaps and painting.
- Glass and dishwashing liquids should not be used to clean the frames, as they adversely affect acrylic surfaces. It is not allowed to use scouring agents, agents that contain surfactants and solvents such as acetone, nitro, etc., which cause matting and dissolution of the surface.
- The fitting mechanisms should be lubricated (at least once a year).
- The gasket should be lubricated with glycerin.
- Adjust the notch clearances by screwing in or unscrewing the pin hinges or tightening the screws.
- Proper ventilation – an important thing. Regular airing of rooms is conducive to well-being and proper concentration, and also allows the exchange of used moist air for dry fresh air and ensures good thermal insulation. Therefore, all rooms should be ventilated every morning for 10 to 15 minutes, and during the day, depending on how they are used, the ventilation should be repeated 3 to 4 times for 5 minutes.
The heating should be turned off and the window wide open. It is more effective and energy-saving than a permanently open window. The dry and oxygen-rich outside air warms up faster and your heating will make your rooms cozy again in no time.
Any stickers should be removed from the glass no later than 14 days after the installation of the windows, as their subsequent removal may be very difficult